On 8th October 2012, the eve of our nation’s Golden Jubilee, we covenanted our nation to God for His purposes in the next 50 years. Leading up to Independence Day annually, Uganda Jubilee Network organizes a season of prayer focusing on seeking God’s face and praying for the fulfillment of His purposes for our land. The main focus of this year’s prayer and fasting season is praying for the Celebration, and Media Spheres and the move of God in the market place. We invite the Body of Christ to participate in this prayer season starting 19th August 2019 and ending 7th October 2019.
The objectives for the 2019 prayer season are:
- To pray for the Celebration and Media Spheres and the move of God in the market place
- To pray for a new understanding of discipling the Celebration and Media Spheres as being part of the Great Commission and to commit to this mandate
- To humble ourselves before God and face up to our failures in regard to the education mandate
- To wage spiritual warfare against the hordes of hell that are confusing the church and resisting her advance in these spheres and in the market place
- To pray for the full manifestation of God’s Kingdom in all spheres of Ugandan society by the Jubilee in 2062
- To renew our covenant with God concerning our nation
- To seek God’s enablement for us to fulfill our individual, family, congregational and organizational roles in seeing God’s plan for our generation come to pass.
This prayer guide covers seven themes linked to the weeks of the 50-day fast. Each week focuses on an aspect of the Celebration, and Media spheres
Guidelines for the prayer and fasting
- The recommended mode of fasting is taking one meal over a 24-hour period. We encourage the drinking of plenty of water and light fluids.
- While we encourage believers to participate in all the 50 days, we recognize that many believers are not accustomed to this length of fast, and some have just completed other fasting season. We therefore suggest some variations for those who would like to take part in a shorter fast during the period. The fasting period is seven weeks. If one took a 24-hour fast on a different day of each of the seven weeks, they would cover all the themes in the prayer guide.
- Alternatively one could choose one week during the seven-week period to fast and pray over all the themes covered in the prayer guide.
- This period provides the opportunity for every believer to exercise him or herself in the discipline of fasting and stretch him or herself a little more than they are accustomed to.
- Personal, family, organizational, and local congregational matters regarding God’s plans for the future should be covered in addition to the themes in this guide.
Dates to Note:
Prayer groups and congregations should organize the events listed below locally:
- Friday, Saturday, or Sunday 16th, 17th, or 18th August 2019 respectively: dedication of the prayer and fasting season. This should include praying for those committing to the fasting season.
- Weekly prayer vigils: Friday nights are recommended times for the weekly prayer vigil. Prayer leaders must ensure they get the necessary permission and observe local regulations. Apart from praying through the themes of the week. Time should be spent praying through the various family, church, local, and national needs.
- The last ten days of the Fast this year coincide with the ten days between the Jewish Feast of Day of Atonement and the Feast of Tabernacles. During this period we will have a 24-hour prayer watch.
- Monday, 7th October 2019 (evening): conclusion of the fasting season. Sharing of Holy Communion is recommended as we pray for the hastening of the day Jesus spoke of in Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25 and Luke 22:18.
- Tuesday, 8th October 2019: Independence Eve night prayer vigil. Dedicating the year 2019/2020.
Background of Celebration Sphere
The Celebration Sphere encompasses entertainment, sports, the arts, drama, movies, theatre, poetry, literature, music, dance, fashion, comedy, and any other way we that we enjoy and celebrate life. It is a sphere that especially expresses the creativity God endowed man with and is particularly attractive to the youth.
God is the creator of pleasure and joy. He is the creator of every good and enjoyable thing. In God’s presence is fullness of joy and at His right hand are pleasures forevermore. God’s archenemy, the devil, has never created anything but rather perverts everything God created. Subsequently the arts that were meant to fill God’s house with glory are corrupted and distorted to a point where God’s people no longer want to associate with them. Through the celebration sphere, the devil has been able to seduce, capture, corrupt and thwart the destiny of entire generations.
Seduction is a perversion of romance and lust is a perversion of love. The devil distorts and defiles all the good things God has created: sex, the arts, music, sports, fashion, and makes them so distasteful to the point that God’s people shun them. At God’s right hand are pleasures forevermore but the enemy prostitutes that pleasure by enticing men to become lovers of pleasure than lovers of God (2 Timothy 3:4).
God will restore His people’s understanding of Celebration. The Celebration Sphere will be redeemed to the point where it will be known that fullness of joy is found in the presence of God, and walking with Him comes with pleasures that are holy and pure.