This handbook being launched today draws themes from the origin of the Jubilee concept: Leviticus 25. It has been written with a monthly thematic approach to act as a guide for individuals, families, organizations and communities that desire to take advantage of the wave of blessing that comes with the Jubilee season and ride it for the furthest distance.
- UGANDA FACT FILE: Information on theme as it relates to Uganda (HOW IS UGANDA DOING COMPARED WITH THE REST OF THE WORLD)
- COMMEMORATE: personal reflection questions on the past 50 years
- CELEBRATE: Reflections on aspects to celebrate
- CONTEMPLATE: thoughts for the future
- JUBILEE POINT OF ACTION: Suggestions and thought starters on what you could do practically with regard to the theme and jubilee
- SHORT JUBILEE PRAYER FOR THE MONTH
- JUBILEE PLEDGE FOR THE MONTH
- REMEMBER! – IMPORTANT RELATED DATES IN THE MONTH
TRANSLATIONS INTO SOME LOCAL LANGUAGES has been arranged for.
It is our hope and prayer that as you reflect, you will get your own action points for this year of jubilee.
The best way to use this handbook is to get another book or journal where you can write your private reflections or thoughts.
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Buy the book for self and others
- Those in the media and use the themes to facilitate discussions and debates on the media to help the nation reflect – create your own themes if you want and let us talk about our country
- Make use of reflections for self, family, organizations
- Develop your own action points
- Visit our sites on the web and facebook to share your thoughts and ideas
Special thanks and acknowledgements go to the steering committee and founders of UJN who contributed greatly to the conceptualization of the handbook and critiqued the process.
Let us not just wait for a single day, 9th October 2012 to mark or celebrate Uganda’s Jubilee; we are already in the year of jubilee so let us start now and celebrate it through out the year.
May you embrace and fully walk into your own season of Jubilee.