On 8th October 2012, the eve of our nation’s Golden Jubilee, we covenanted our nation to God for His purposes in the next 50 years. Leading up to Independence Day annually, Uganda Jubilee Network coordinates a season of prayer focusing on seeking God’s face and praying for the fulfillment of His purposes for our land. The main focus of this year’s prayer and fasting season is praying for the Education sector and the move of God in the market place. We invite the Body of Christ to participate in this prayer season starting 19th August 2018 and ending 7th October 2018.
The objectives for the 2018 prayer season are:
- To pray for the Education sector and the move of God in the market place
- To pray for a new understanding of Education as being part of the Great Commission and to commit to this mandate
- To humble ourselves before God and face up to our failures in regard to the education mandate
- To wage spiritual warfare against the hordes of hell that are confusing the church and resisting her advance on this mountain and in the market place
- To pray for the strengthening of the teaching ministry in Body of Christ
- To pray for the full manifestation of God’s Kingdom in all spheres of Ugandan society by the Jubilee in 2062
- To renew our covenant with God concerning our nation
- To seek God’s enablement for us to fulfill our individual, family, congregational and organizational roles in seeing God’s plan for our generation come to pass.
This prayer guide covers seven themes linked to the weeks of the 50-day fast. Each week focuses on an aspect of the Education sphere and related institutions.
Guidelines for the prayer and fasting
- The recommended mode of fasting is taking one meal over a 24-hour period. We encourage the drinking of plenty of water and light fluids.
- While we encourage believers to participate in all the 50 days, we recognize that many believers are not accustomed to this length of fast, and some have just completed other fasting season. We therefore suggest some variations for those who would like to take part in a shorter fast during the period. The fasting period is seven weeks. If one took a 24-hour fast on a different day of each of the seven weeks, they would cover all the themes in the prayer guide.
- Alternatively one could choose one week during the seven-week period to fast and pray over all the themes covered in the prayer guide.
- This period provides the opportunity for every believer to exercise him or herself in the discipline of fasting and stretch him or herself a little more than they are accustomed to.
- Personal, family, organizational, and local congregational matters regarding God’s plans for the future should be covered in addition to the themes in this guide.
Dates to Note:
Prayer groups and congregations should organize the events listed below locally:
- Friday or Saturday, 17th or 18th August 2018 respectively: dedication of the prayer and fasting season. This should include praying for those committing to the fasting season.
- Weekly prayer vigils: Friday nights are recommended times for the weekly prayer vigil. Prayer leaders must ensure they get the necessary permission and observe local regulations. Apart from praying through the themes of the week. Time should be spent praying through the various family, church, local, and national needs.
- Sunday, 7th October 2018 (evening): conclusion of the fasting season. Sharing of Holy Communion is recommended as we pray for the hastening of the day Jesus spoke of in Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25 and Luke 22:18.
- Monday, 8th October 2018: Independence eve night prayer vigil. Dedicating the year 2018/2019.