All the ends of the world shall remember and turn to the Lord,
And all the families of the nations shall worship before You. For the kingdom is the Lord’s, And He rules over the nations.
50-DAY PRAYER AND FASTING SEASON
On 8th October 2012, the eve of our nation’s Golden Jubilee, we covenanted our nation to God for His purposes in the next 50 years. Leading up to Independence Day annually, there will be a season of prayer focusing on God’s purposes for our land and seeking His face.
The main focus of this year’s prayer and fasting season is the family and its impact on our nation. We invite the Body of Christ to participate in this prayer season starting 19th August 2016, and ending 7th October 2016.
The Objectives for the 2016 Prayer Season are:
- To pray for families and the future of Uganda (Psalms 22:27-28)
- To humble ourselves before God and seek His face as families
- To pray that God will be greatly glorified in the families, tribes, cultures & social services of Uganda.
- To pray for the Body of Christ to rise to her calling in all the spheres of society
- To pray for the full manifestation of God’s Kingdom in all spheres of Ugandan society by the Jubilee in 2062
- To renew our covenant with God concerning our nation
- To seek God’s enablement for us to fulfil our individual, family, congregational and organizational roles in seeing God’s plan for our generation come to pass.
Daily Prayer Themes: The Family in relation to the Spheres of Society
The Family in relation to Education
The Family in relation to Communication
The Family in relation to Leadership
The Family in relation to Business & Enterprise
The Family in relation to Celebration & the Arts
The Family in relation to Culture & Social Services
The Family in relation to the Body of Christ & the Great Commission
Weekly Prayer Themes: Praying through Family Foundations
WEEK 1: FAMILIAL WORSHIP
WEEK 2: FAMILIAL PRIESTHOODS
WEEK 3: FAMILIAL ALTARS
WEEK 4: FAMILIAL COVENANTS
WEEK 5: FAMILIAL VICES & VIRTUES
WEEK 6: FAMILIAL BLESSINGS & CURSES
WEEK 7: LAYING FOUNDATIONS FOR GENERATIONAL BLESSINGS
Guidelines for the Prayer and Fasting:
- The recommended mode of fasting is taking one meal over a 24-hour period. Water and light fluids are acceptable during the fasting period. We encourage drinking plenty of water.
- While we encourage believers to participant in all the 50 days, we recognize that many believers are not accustomed to this length of fast, so we suggest some variations for those who would like to take part in a shorter fast during the period. The fasting period is seven weeks. If one took a 24-hour fast on a different day of each of the seven weeks, they would cover all the themes in the prayer guide.
- Alternatively one could choose one week during the seven-week period to fast and pray over all the themes covered in the prayer guide.
- This period provides the opportunity for every believer to exercise themselves in the discipline of fasting and stretch themselves a little more than they are accustomed to.
- Personal, family, organizational, and local congregational matters regarding God’s plans for the future should be covered in addition to the daily & weekly themes.
- We encourage families to choose some days to fast together concerning family matters.
The Calendar for the 2016 Prayer & Fasting Season:
- Thursday, 18th August 2016 (evening): Dedication of the prayer and fasting season. This should include praying for those committing to the fasting season. The official dedication will be at the Intercessors for Uganda National Prayer Conference in Hoima.
- Weekly Prayer Vigils: Friday nights are recommended times for the weekly prayer vigil. Prayer leaders must ensure that they get the necessary permissions and observe local regulations. A suggested program is given in the prayer guide.
- Friday, 7th October 2016 (evening): Conclusion of the fasting season. Sharing of Holy Communion is recommended as we pray for the hastening of the day Jesus spoke of in Matthew 26:29, Mark 14:25 and Luke 22:18.
- Saturday, 8th October 2016: Independence eve night prayer vigil. Dedicating the year 2016/2017.
- A 2-day Conference planned in Kampala (6th & 7th October 2016).